Your Kitchen Remodel Guide
Tureks Plumbing Kitchen Remodel Guide
While there are too many horror stories of kitchen remodels gone wrong, yours doesn’t have to be the same experience. In this article, we will focus on how you can hire the best professionals for the job, and how you can keep costs affordable as your dream kitchen sees the light of day. These two aspects are two of the main issues many homeowners face. So, we hope you will find this handy guide helpful in navigating your way through the remodel maze.
Finding the Best Kitchen Remodel Contractor
As already mentioned, finding the best contractor to undertake the kitchen remodel project is one of the most difficult tasks. So, many homeowners have had their fingers burned by the wrong choice of a general contractor. Here are three things that Tureks Plumbing Services, a kitchen remodel company in Appleton WI, wants you to keep in mind during your kitchen remodel.
What matters is their most recent job.
As you vet contractors, it is important for you to pay attention to their most recent projects. This will give you a more accurate depiction of what each contractor is capable of. You wouldn’t want a contractor who hasn’t worked on a kitchen remodel project in over five years. It’s important to find someone who has the right skillset. At Tureks Plumbing Services, we are happy to provide recent references on what we’ve been working on. In this way, it will be easier for each potential client to be sure that the team that worked on a job they have admired is still available to handle the kitchen remodel.
The Best Contractors Tend to Require Some Wait Time.
You may get lucky and find the best contractor to take on your kitchen remodel. However, the reality tends to be that you often have to wait so that the contractor fits you into their schedule. This is because the very best ones are booked solid. So, being in a hurry to get started on your project will deny you the opportunity of working with the best there is. It is, therefore, helpful for you to work within the schedule of the best Appleton kitchen remodel contractor rather than trying to force that contractor to fit into yours.
What to Ask References
As an inexperienced homeowner, you may not know what questions to ask the recent references that have been provided by a home remodeling contractor that you would like to hire.
Tureks Plumbing Services recommends that you ask those references about the contractor’s work ethics, such as whether they always arrived in time to oversee the work done by the subcontractors.
Communication is important. Ask references about their experience with the home remodeling company. You’ll know how well the contractor worked start to finish. Ultimately, it comes down to money. Our friends at Headwaters Construction Inc., a commercial construction company, adds that you should be familiar with your contractor’s reputation, regardless if it’s residential or commercial remodeling.
Hire the general contractor you feel comfortable letting into your home.
How to Keep the Kitchen Remodel Project Affordable
At Tureks Plumbing Services, we know that one of the biggest challenges that homeowners have is to keep kitchen remodel costs affordable while getting their dream kitchen. Here are some measures that we usually recommend to cut remodeling costs:
- Energy efficiency. Pay close attention to the energy efficiency of the appliances you are comparing and select the one with the highest Energy Star rating. This will ensure that you conserve energy for all the years that the appliance will be in use.
- Ease of use. An appliance that isn’t easy to use is likely to remain unused, or you will curse each time you struggle to utilize that appliance. Tureks Plumbing Services, therefore, advises that you scrutinize the ease-of-use features of different appliances before you select one. For example, how conveniently can you load that dishwasher you want to buy? How accessible are the controls of the refrigerator?
- Safety features. Safety is a big concern in kitchens, so don’t forget this consideration as you compare different brands and models of appliances.
Others Ways to Save on Your Kitchen Remodel
- Rethinking how you organize items in the kitchen so that you efficiently use your space
- Have a general idea of what you want your new kitchen to look like before you invite contractors to bid for the work. In this way, you can compare prices. You’ll notice that the most competitive contractor who will deliver exactly what you want at an affordable price.
- Being clear on what you want before the project begins. Each time you change your mind about the design or materials, you are forced to spend more money. This can quickly throw your budget out of whack.
- Hiring competent professionals, such as Tureks Plumbing Services, to take charge of the kitchen remodel project in Appleton, WI. Experienced professionals can help you to keep costs affordable in different ways, such as sourcing material.
Undertaking a kitchen remodel project in Appleton, WI, can be a daunting task for many homeowners but doesn’t need to be the case if you follow this kitchen remodel guide. You can also hire Tureks Plumbing Services to execute that project. Contact us, and our seasoned professionals will work with you from the design of the project to its completion when your brand new kitchen is handed to you.